Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

September 14, 2008

Malaysia


I had hoped that I would be able to do a good post by now. It is Monday morning here and I am about to go down to breakfast. I left Texas 10PM on Friday and arrived in KL 2PM on Sunday (1AM Sunday CDT). Lots of caffine and little sleep.

I took recommendations and quickly left the room and started touring to stay awake until dark. I went straight to KLCC and the Petronas Towers. The tours were over for the day, so I went to the mall below it and took this picture. The culture shock was not near as bad as expected. Other than middle eastern music playing in the mall and the strange cars it looked like a big city. It seems a like a halfway point between US and China in terms of government works and personal freedom.

I used my new phone to contact a co-worker here via email. We met for a 'Ramadan buffet' dinner and then went to the KL tower. It is a tall tower and it was open. Then to bed.

Today started a 4Am local time when my new phone reminded me of an appointment which was on Texas time. I about chunked it.
Below is the Petronas towers from the mall below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home