Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

September 28, 2008

Not the momma is back home

I (not the momma) am back home. I got home 7AM Saturday morning after 26 hours of travel on three planes. By the end of Saturday I had been up for 50 hours with about 5 hours of sleep on the planes. Yay international travel.

My family welcomed me home. I got plenty of attention from all members of my family. Smothered is a word that could be used. However, since I had been away for two weeks I ate it up. Even though I did not get anything done and I was irritable from jet lag.

After two weeks of only business and adult contacts I knew I was in for a rude awakening. Family did not disappoint. Camille was crying when I first saw her after two weeks. Trevor was in tears and not ready to go to soccer despite my insistance that he was ready to go 30 minutes early. (His socks were too small and his shoestrings did not match) By the end of the day I had been spit up on and cleaned up pee off the bathroom floor. All the kids were in tears multiple times through the day. The older two were sent to their rooms repeatedly. Ah, home again.

Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home