Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

September 21, 2008

My big photo post from Malaysia

Well...
I went to Batu caves which are near KL. It is a Hindu shrine with 200 something steps. At about step 100, I lost my digital cameral and almost all the pictures that I had taken in Malaysia. I don't know whether it was picked directly off me or whether it fell to the ground first, but in any event it was gone 30 seconds after I had taken a picture.
.
So, this is an internet picture of the 43m statue of a Hindu diety.


My coworker Jim had gone Saturday and came back Sunday to see the macaque monkeys. I fed them a bag of peanuts. Jim fed them for probably an hour while Japanese tourists took his picture. I went up to the top, toured and bought a disposable camera. I would put up the pictures, but I can't find the USB port on the camera, it says 'return for processing' whatever that means.
.
Also there I had a snack. A donut with jalapeno in it. Very good for 15 cents.
.
Just after breakfast I went to a 6 story electronics mall. They had everything. I got the mandatory USB powered fan. Pretty cool.
.
Earlier, I went to the Museum of Islamic Art. It was a pretty museum, but unfortunately 90% of the items were only a few hundred years old. You might think that Islam was recent. I did learn that Mohamed is buried at Medina. Thats all for my tour of foreign religions.
.
Later, I went to China Town shrine of commerce. I did my major shopping. I hope everyone likes what I got. I went to a guide book recommended set of chinese food stalls. I had rice, chicken, something she said was fish but tasted like pork and finally some dish the lady insisted I try. It had small whole fish and onions with the brown sauce. The fish were crunchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home