Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

October 3, 2009

Dress-quest 2009 is over

Coming to Taiwan, it was obvious that I would find these dresses. Looking around, I did not find them in the first week. I finally found them in Taipei. They were about $15 each, but with negotiation I expected to get them for under $10. I planned to buy 4 for $40. The lady then said, no discount. They seem kinda pricey at $15, so I only got these two. One for Camille. One for Greta.
We went essentially repeated but improved last Saturday's trip.
We went back to 101, but did not get lost and take 3 hours there. On the downside, it was windy and cloudy (there is Typhoon coming you know) so the outdoor observation deck was closed.
We went back to Long Shan temple. I took more and better pictures.
We also went back to the night market. I ate more different food and we went through twice as many stalls. One new feature. The folks who set up stalls in the middle of the alley apparently do not have permits. So, every once in a while a group of them would fold up their table and walk off within about 10 seconds. Later they would be out again. Bonus, I started buying souveniors.
Coming back was the biggest improvement. Instead of an hour on a standing room only packed train, we splurged, $3, and took the high speed rail. It is a short trip, but it was nearly empty, clean and fast. 180MPH! Oh, and we had a seat to rest our weary feet. The train does not stop in our hotel town, so we took a taxi the rest of the way. Again, no standing or walking. Ahh.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cindy Schneider said...

Excuse me, how many cans high are these?

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home