Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

September 29, 2009

River Bar Taiwan

The ex-pat bar for Jhongli is River Bar. Ok, so there are probably several, but this is "ours". You can look it up on the web. One of our co-workers last night was tonight so we went there. Kim, the owner and boss of employees and customers greeted us by name as we walked in the door. When Daryl told her it was his last day she poured two shots of Tequila. One for her and one for him. So, naturally, I told her it was my last day too. She said, "No, you have two weeks left". Impressive.

Service employees are like that here. At the hotel I ordered a taxi but, I forgot to order a non-smoking taxi. I called down a few minutes later to try to correct it and they said they had already ordered it non-smoking. I could go on with several examples of excellent customer service.

At work, I often ask that something be done a certain way. If I do not repeat it it does not happen correctly.

So why in one situation are the Taiwanese mind readers and in another the language barrier seems impossible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home