Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

September 2, 2009

Google Maps Rocks


My favorite software application since Picasa and iTunes is Google Maps. It can be used on the computer, but it really shines on a GPS enabled phone like my crackberry.
1) It has a "by public transit" option which helped me find a two bus line options that I did not know about that can get me to the light rail. I had really tried to find these on the DART website, but they did not come up. Google knows DART better than DART.
2) I regularly use it for local traffic. Once I was late leaving for a ballet recital on the other side of town. Traffic was worse than expected. I let Google set my route. It lead me through a neighborhood on back streets that got me to the school on time. I would never have guessed that route. Thanks Google.
3) Just today I had a random half day of errands. I worked out then thought "I need to wash my car". Searched Google Maps and found a highly reviewed carwash near by. From there, I got a hair cut same way. Then I found a burger joint for lunch the same way. The burger place was near work, very good and I had never heard of it. Wow! This is great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home