Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

May 22, 2006

Boys

"Smile for the camera," I said. "Smile pretty so Daddy can get a picture of you in your nice, new baseball jersey." Boys. What is it about them that makes this the preferred pose for a picture? Pleas to give me a big beautiful smile to show someone his adorabe gap-toothed smile result in skeletal grimaces that leave the viewer subtley reeling and scrambling for something nice to say. "Wow, what a mouth," they say. Boys.



I have to take pictures when he's not looking to get actual natural poses.



But those pictures are worth the wait.


This girl thing, it's the same as boys, just more hair, and more pink, right? Right? Do I hear laughing in the back of the room? Evil cackling, perhaps? Do you have something you would like to share with the whole class?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy having a girl. As a mother, you can relate to them. For example, what is the appeal in having yet another tractor, another Hot Wheel, another Power Ranger? Yet it makes perfect sense that you need 7 Barbies, 15 hair bows (5 in varying shades pink), 3 feather boas and lots of costume jewlery. It is nice to have someone to share these things with.

7:48 PM  
Blogger The Landes Family said...

I also have boys and this is exactly how they act. Can't wait to add that pink in with all of the blue. I have this fear that she will be just like them. Oh, well, I have a new daughter so that does not matter.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home