Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

May 8, 2006

Not the momma.


"Not the momma. Not the momma!" a quote from Baby on Dinosaurs, a cute but short lived TV show. As you might have guessed this is the initial post from the "DH", Paul to the rest of you. I have never posted on a blog before, so here it is. And I realize exactly why I have never posted on a blog before. Not much to say. At least not much to say that has not already been said probably better than I could say it. Hey, so far so good.

So, what do I think of the whole adoption thing? I am sooo looking forward to holding our baby girl in my arms. Not that I did not like the process of waiting for hours to get finger printed, talking to a counselor, the money thing "We have to save HOW much?" and consoling Andrea about filling out all the forms. Yeah, I got of easy, she took care of the paperwork. Actually, I suspect, no, I know she did not trust me to fill them out. Oh, and lets not forget the waiting. We chose to adopt from China in part because after years of 'maybe next month' we really wanted a predictable plan. So, I am sooo looking forward to holding our baby girl in my arms, this year, I hope.

On waiting. I am apparently like most husbands, very resistant to the rumors. The only thing I want to hear each month is, when did the matches get released, how many log-in days were processed and what log-in day are we up to. Then, I pretty much file that for another month.

More on waiting. The waiting has been good because we saved twice as long as we originally planned. The waiting has been bad as important projects have ground to a halt from the baby room with partially removed wallpaper to the partially listened to Pimsleur Chinese Mandarin book. When we get matched, somehow we are going to turn into different people. People on a mission that has been put on hold for months.

There I did it. I could probably go on, but my eyes are heavy. It is a challenge to write to a mostly unknown audience. Do they know what a "log-in" date is? Have they ever seen Dinosaurs? Can my boss/co-workers/wife's internet friends/parents/daughter all read this and find it interesting/inoffensive/intelligible? I sure hope so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another "wife internet friend" on board here...(you seem to have quite a following).

Great post. I understood everything but the Dinosaur show reference. How could I have made it through 37 years of life without seeing that show? I think I would have liked it. Oh well.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home