Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

July 8, 2008

Baby Oops by Not the momma

All our kids had project names before they were born. Trevor was Cimmaron, Camille was Baby GoGo and our unborn son is Baby Oops.

When Andrea told me she was pregnant, it was not a total shock to me. I had suspected she was before she tested. Andrea was so adamant to not get her hopes up that she would not let herself go down that path. The possibility of another baby was a very romantic fantasy. Since it was a scientifically remote chance we thought 'Wouldn't it be great to have another child'.

The total shock for me came as I started to realize the ramifications. I would be nearly 42 when the boy was born, meaning I would be in my sixties before he left the house and entered college. So, much for early retirement. Andrea is at a certain age that makes the pregnancy 'high risk'. The car is now too small, so we need another one. The kids all need their own room so dad's TV/junk room has to go. (The house is too small, but don't tell my family). I can’t count on Andrea to bring in any extra money any time soon. Lastly, we have to go through childbirth again. I did not enjoy the process last time until the moment I saw Trevor.

For those who don't remember... Trevor’s birth was far from picture perfect. There was the anti-helpful nurse, Andrea's fever, seven tubes in Andrea, the panicked second nurse, alarms going off for Andrea who was also losing consciousness as I reassured her, alarms going off for loss of Trevor's pulse and then finally lots of unnecessary blood. I recall walking out to the family emotionally exhausted to tell them "Its over and both Mom and child are OK" instead of jumping around "Its a boy! A boy! A beautiful beautiful boy!"

While I am looking forward to putting the birth behind us, I am sure it will be different this time and I am older and wiser this time.

I look forward to meeting my new son. It has both made me appreciate what I already have in Trevor and Camille and to be thankful that we are blessed with a pleasant surprise, another boy of our own to complete our family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your updated address...Glad to know you are all doing fine! Cannot wait to meet the new baby. Kellie

9:52 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

Hey Guys! I'm reading it! Man- Camille and Trevor have grown!! I guess that does happen. :) Congrats on Baby Oops! Can't wait to hear all about it! Casey

10:33 AM  
Blogger CathyYP said...

Yesss!! I am so glad to see u r doing the blog again. I t is so hard to find time to call and when i have time (ie.) after work it is to late to call. hate 3-11p. I am glad to hear and see Andrea is doing well. congrats on your 10th Anniv. Ken and I had our 20th last November.dosen't seem that long till i look at Joseph...he grew up so fast..enjoy them when they are young it is a very short time.
Can't wait to hear more..... Cathy

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home