Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

August 1, 2006

What are you going to name the baby 2?

By Not-the-Momma
We had not settled on our baby's name before we got the match. So, in the past week we were throwing around names. One random thought was to simply name her "Baby GoGo". (See the other "What are you going to name the baby? post) Now that would be cute. However, this immediately conjured up the memory of me naming my precious little fur ball to the left. I called her "Munchkin" since she was so small that she fit into the palm of my hand. She used to sleep IN my couch in the space behind the seat cushions and below the back cushions. She would nap in this little hide-away area until I came home. When I came in the room her head would pop out from between the cushions and she would struggle to get out of the fist sized opening to greet me with a lot of purring. It was sooo cute. Munchkin was a great name for this bundle of cuteness.

That was then and this is now.
Munchkin never really got over her early days as an only child. She is now 10 years old and almost 18 pounds. "Plays well with others" is not how she would be described. However she does still disappear and then re-appear when I come into the house.
The point is Munchkin seemed like a good name at the time, but not now. Now she is more often called "Big Pud".

This is the thought that popped into may head when I thought, for all of 5 seconds, of naming my daughter "Baby GoGo". So, we have added Baby GoGo to names considered, then discarded.

I do hope our daughter likes cats. Munchkin liked Trevor so much, she says she can't wait for another fur grabbing, tail pulling toddler in the house....NOT!
See how happy Munchkin was when I told her the good news...
(click on the video)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOKKKK No offence Paul but is Munchkin going to be OK around baby GOGO She kinda scares me..

What ever you name Baby Gogo it will be perfect..

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one fat cat!!! I can see she takes after her uncle. By the way the video's a hoot.

7:31 PM  
Blogger LisaS said...

Our "aggressive" cat turned out to be the best advocate our babies had ... when they cried, she would come get us and scratch or bite US until we went to take care of it. Who needs a baby monitor? LOL ...

good luck ... so excited for y'all!!!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home