Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

August 19, 2006

To-Do List Revisited

by Not-The-Momma
Reviewing our list from before....
1. Pick out name for baby DONE
2. Pick out alternative boy name in case baby is a boy DID NOT NEED
3. Remove postage-stamp sized pieces of wallpaper backing off theoretical baby's room DONE
4. Pick out paint color or theme for decoration of baby's room DONE
5. Purchase any clothing item for baby DONE
6. Purchase any hygiene item for baby DONE
7. Purchase any feeding item for baby DONE
8. Purchase any transportation item for baby DONE (Handmade Sling)
9. Babyproof house NOT DONE
10. Babyproof cats SEE POST TITLED "What are you going to name the baby2"
11. Purchase suitcase to take to China DONE
12. Purchase any special items for trip (besides above-mentioned fabulous dresses) DONE
13. Get vaccinations for China Momma is in trouble
14. Learn Chinese NOT DONE
15. Wash the 250+ 500+ hand-me-downs given to us for baby DONE

Just today I re-built the crib. What I expected to be a two beer project was a half a beer project. Six years of homeownership and using my own assembly instructions from the first time made it much easier the second time. For one thing I built it in the nursery. Last time I built it in the living room and had disassemble it to get it through the door into the baby room.

Mall vs Internet: I have been gathering the laundry list of stuff we need. Luggage, luggage locks, plug adapters, travel mice, computer backpack, travel surge protector. Yes we are going high tech, sort of, I am taking an older 8lb laptop and camera (still no camcorder). We will be updating the blog from the hotels with high speed internet. I got the gia-normus 29" suitcases at the mall. For the rest of the stuff, I either got it on the internet or wish I had. I scoffed at paying $7 shipping for the $14 Tripp-Lite travel surge protector (TRAVELER100BT) so I drove around for hours fruitlessly then came back and ordered it off the internet.

No progress so far on the camcorder. Not only would it be nice to capture our first moments with our daughter on real video and not the low-res 'movie mode' seen here but it could be backup for our picture camera. Our camera suffers from a repeating Sony lense error that has so far responded to the recommended repeated hard slamming on a table. I am serious. The wonder that is the internet showed me how to fix my $400 camera in this unconvential way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting things done! I can't believe how soon you'll be leaving for China. All this waiting, and now things are going so fast it amazes me!

A word of advice, check with your airline before locking your luggage. I've heard that customs/security often break locks to see what's in the suitcase. I've never locked mine any haven't had a problem. Let me know if you'd like any other travel tips, you know I do it a lot!

I love Camille's care package - the rattles are so cute, and the blankie, and the photos!

Gretchen

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed some special "TSA approved" locks in the Travelsmith catalog the other day ....

and the care package is great! I hope she enjoys it!

--lisa

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed some special "TSA approved" locks in the Travelsmith catalog the other day ....

and the care package is great! I hope she enjoys it!

--lisa

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home