Apparently it was too high.

Adventures in family-building

July 31, 2008

The Momma

Hasn't Not-the-momma done a great job of blogging? It's been hard for me to do too much because I spend a lot of time sitting around attached to a baby. Not that I'm complaining - he's adorable - but he is time-consuming. N-T-M is back at work today, the big kids are at the grandpaents' house, so it's just me and the little guy at home. You know, when I was home by myself with Trevor in those early weeks, it seemed SO FLIPPING DIFFICULT I didn't know how I would do it by myself. I can completely laugh at myself now; if I had only known how easy it was to be home with only a baby! The little squirt is asleep now, so I'll try to get in a good blog post here.

Ha ha! Just as soon as I typed that, he woke up and started whimpering. I'll be back in a while.

OK... I'm back. Simon's diaper and clothes have been changed. He's been fed. My king-sized comforter is covered in baby pee. He's wide awake, and has the hiccups, but seems for the moment content in his vibrating chair next to me. We'll see how long this lasts.

AS I WAS SAYING, actually what was I saying? I have no idea. 41-year-old Mommy brain, sorry. I'll start in with a new topic: The Big Kids. Trevor and Camille have done very well with Simon. Trevor wants to hold him constantly (until he starts crying or pooping), and Camille likes to go over to him when he's in a bouncy chair and kiss him and take him things. Very sweet, both of them. I know they are suffering a little from the lack of attention, but I'm confident it will even out and get easier in a few weeks as Simon gets a little older and a little less labor-intensive. The biggest benefit of having Paul home has been Trevor and Camille getting most of his attention. I seem to be able to do very little besides baby maintenance, so having a whole other parent here to attend to them has been invaluable. They are at my parents' house right now, getting their attention. A few of my favorite recent pics of The Big Kids:


Trevor (in red) and his Arkansas kinfolk doing his favorite thiing (<--- get it ?):















Camille made us clear off the table so she could spread out the paper and read it. Notice she's reading an ad about bunion relief:



Camille striking a pose in ballet class:

Here's my favorite movie from her ballet class:

OK, this post has taken about 2 hours to write. Simon is, for the moment, asleep. It's noon. I am in my pajamas. Am going to rectify that situation right now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Tricia said...

Two things. First, you've both done a great job of updating.

Second - where is Camille taking bayaay. I've been looking for something for E to take.

:o)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Ms. Tricia said...

Forgot to say that this is Tricia...geez.

11:14 AM  
Blogger LisaS said...

now, I don't know that I would refer to them as the Arkansas cousins, yet. I mean, they don't even have the good sense to wear red!! unlike your very bright (albeit TXan) kid!

lovin' this! glad to finally see you here!

;) lisa

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home